Sunday 8 February 2009

HAPPY SNOW EVERYONE!!!

I am sorry I have been so lazy in updating this blog, but I promise to catch up now!
This is a quick overview of our January, well... where should I start and what can I say!? 
Christmas went perfectly well... Lilly finally got a cute hamster, (she wanted one real bad!) 
She called her Jessica and it's her pride and joy, while Kim got lots of hi tech stuff she also really wanted!
Our first Christmas together was truly a wonderful one... still fresh of wonderful wedding memories, we were so excited to start new family traditions... and I guess we started more that that considering that...
WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!
My master plan was to be able to that daddy's at Christmas, you know I was out of ideas for this Christmas and he already has a lot of ties! Unfortunately though I couldn't be absolutely sure about it until the week between Christmas and the New Year. As you can all imagine he was very happy, but also a bit shellshocked! We told everyone almost straight away, we're soooo excited! Keeping it in for the "customary" three months was not an option... we would have exploded by now! 
The girls were a bit shell shocked at first too, but now they both kiss my tummy everyday and stroke it... both hoping for different things ... Kim wants a little brother to play football with, while Lilly wants a little girl to play "Sylvanian families" with... I don't really have a preference (mind you... I wouldn't mind to see if it's true what they say about boy's loving their mama's above all else...) but I know that the men in my life (Andrew and my father) are both rooting for cute pigtails and freckles!
I am now 10 weeks pregnant and all is going quite well... I have quite a bit of nausea and at times and I am often exhausted... thankfully in this case it isn't the classical morning sickness, but... evening sickness!
It catches me at 6pm, I somehow fell asleep with it, to wake up the next morning perfectly fine! It's quite handy actually... I would do everything I needed to do during the day and as Andrew arrives home and take over I retire myself in my bed of pain... It works out well!
But now hopefully that time is coming to an end and I'll be able to relax a bit more...
We had some lovely days in January and February, there was a lot of snow and we all had a great time!
Here are some pics of those cold wintery days... Daddy and the girls had a day off... well... the girls had more than that, with this being London everything got to a halt and was paralyzed for days on end! But dutiful Daddy was snowed in only for one day and went to work as soon as he could.
Well that day we all went out to play out and it was truly magical!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Hooray, hooray an update! I could not BE more happy! It is so lovely to see your girls and their daddy having such a nice time together. I am glad that Kim (Tumpie) does not have a broken neck either. Phewwww what a relief. I also heard about Andrew's new calling in the bishopric, should I say congratulations? Wow what a great family you all have. We miss you all and are still hoping you will move closer to us one day.... good luck wit the pregnancy!