Thursday 18 December 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town...


Hi everyone!
This has been such a busy few weeks, and now Christmas is already upon us!!! This is going to be the happiest, nicest, greatest Christmas EVER!
Andrew is going to work up to Christmas Eve, but then he'll be off for six days... He'll back for what I think is going to be a half day on the 31st and then off again for 3 days!
That's sooo wonderful! I can't wait to spend some time "veggying" around together!  
This is our Christmas tree, it's gone up on the 6th and now is already sheltering a variety of presents from friends and family...
Both my parents and Lin, (Andrew's mum) sent us packages full of Christmas goodies... This is really shaping up to be the best Christmas ever! 
Lin's package was truly magnificent! I can't write here what was in it, as it's mostly Christmas presents. Even I was not allowed to see the full content, but... I loved everything that I've seen so far!
She also sent some sugarless chocolate, I never tried it before, and I honestly would have never thought it could be something I'd enjoy, but it's soooo good, I'd easily get addicted to it! 
It's really true what they say... "Don't knock it until you tried it!"





A couple of Sundays ago we went to the Stake Centre in Central London to see the rebroadcast of the Christmas devotional, we heard
 the Christmas carol concert from the Institute choir and met lots of friends we see far too rarely. 
The broadcast was truly inspirational, and the concert afterwards very sweet, we had a great day!  






Last week both Kim and Lilly had lovely Christmas School Production extravaganza...
Lilly's school put up a production of the Dick Whittington's story... 
She was one of the Londoners and sang a funny song with her class... 


Then it was Kim's turn to dazzle us with a truly lovely concert, she was in the choir.
There was an orchestra and some soloists, some of the kids play so well!
There was a tiny boy who looked much younger than 12, he played the piano and the saxophone, he looked so small and sweet, and even Andrew (not the easiest person to please musical wise) had to admit that he played very well!




On Saturday Kim went to a friend's birthday and Lilly, Andrew and I went to Brent Cross (a big shopping centre) to do a bit of Christmas shopping... In John Lewis we met Santa himself, and Lilly went to have a heart to heart chat with him... It was so sweet and it brought me back to when she the girls were small! Every year I had a picture of the girls with Father Christmas, now ... I admit that short of anesthetize her, a picture of the big guy and Kim is never going to happen again... but at least I got one of Lilly! Yuppiee!!!
I'm not ready yet to stop going to visit him... so I am pleased that Lilly went!

The best Christmas presents anyone can get!
only they are not returnable nor refundable (I know... I tried!)

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Hooray pictures! i was just about to get on your blog and ask for you to post more pictures. We wish you all a very happy Christmas! I love your updates!

Debbie said...

Sara, I hope that your Chrastmas went as well as you expected it to go. I hope that all is going well for you.