Wednesday 26 November 2008


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

As the wife of a Canado-american dude this is the first official Thanksgiving I feel "entitled" to celebrate! 

I mean, in past years I did attempt to teach the girls the little I knew about Thanksgiving, I think it's a lovely idea to meet up all together, say thanks for all that we have and for each others! 

Soooo... armed with the best intentions in year past I cooked huge turkeys, wrote notes of appreciation to the girls and even got a couple of "Thanksgiving themed" family activities, but... as an Italian living in England and (at the time) not really associated to anyone celebrating this festivity, the whole affair was not really believable!

But nooo more feeling out of place now... 

ohhh no sooooo-rry! This year I'm legit! 

and I'm sooo excited about it! We gained a husband, a dad AND a new Holiday! 

I am not sure what we are going to do, nothing major probably, but... at least I'll try!                         Any ideas?!

I think this is one of the best aspects of starting a new family... the first few years new traditions will be born, new way of doing things new... everything! 

Next stop Christmas! AAAAHHH I can't wait!


Ok, ok I can hear you... yeeees, I remember that I have two wonderful girls, and instead of reading my rumblings you probably rather look at their pics.

I promise that next week I'll have plenty of pics of everyone to add to our little Stamp collection! In the meantime, here is one of my favorite pics of the girls from last Christmas...


But for now I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to all those that have been near us these past couple of years! 

Thank you for helping us loving the church even more by getting to know you and your wonderful families (Debbie, Joyce, Kamber...this is for you!).

Thank you for not discouraging me when, last year, I came around talking -all excitedly- about a dude I met on the Internet! 

Thank you for being the kind of friends that will pop around this blog once in a while to check what we are up to even if an ocean divide us!

We as a family have been truly blessed this past year, all of us can testify of the incredible power of the Redeemer, the truth of this, his church, and the bond of brotherhood and love between it's members... 

so the only thing left to say is...  Happy Thanksgiving!! 

No comments: