Monday 22 June 2009

... and baby makes 4 1/2

Ok I know that most of you already know this (awww... the mighty power of Facebook) but we're having a boy!!!A boy!!! a boy!!!
Ok Sara calm down... ohhh I still get so excited just thinking about that! You know... I would have been this excited even knowing it was a girl, but... having had two girls already and with the incredible history of girls in my family, I was not really expecting a boy, and when they told me I was soooo happy! (and cried accordingly...)
Andrew is also getting exited now, even though (like my father) at the beginning he would have liked to have pigtails and cute pink dresses to play with, he can now picture himself with a little boy, and I am so happy for that!
I didn't mention the pregnancy too much so far, but now that I am almost 30 weeks I think I can safely allow myself to talk about it...
I have had my fair share of pregnancy troubles in my life... not to get into too much details, but this is pregnancy
n°13... so you can imagine how happy I am to be 30 weeks with everything looking reasonably well!
This pregnancy actually started very very well, I was tired but not too nauseous, the baby was active from very early on and that was very reassuring... I was happy and well!
Then, four weeks ago as I was shopping at the mall, I started having early contractions, so I ended up in hospital, thankfully they stopped by themselves, but the doctors gave me steroids just to help the baby's lungs develop quicker in case he decided to make an early entrance (or a quick exit... depends which way you want to look at it!)
Then after few days I started feeling unwell, I couldn't breathe anymore... I ended up in hospital again, where they told me I had two massive PE (pulmonary embolisms) blood clots that travelled from "somewhere" one to the lung and the other one just at the entrance of the heart... now it sounds scary, but apparently it's quite common in pregnancy, and I will be fine as long as I keep up some medications for the time being...
Then, once again I started feeling really unwell, and this time we found out that it was a reaction to sugar (similar to gestational diabetes) quite normal considering the operation I had two years ago, but quite scary until we knew what was going on... now that we know what it is, it's much easier to keep it under control and I feel happy and well again!
So... today I went to meet the consultant that is going to follow me until the delivery and I was soooo relieved by the fact that - for once - I have a doctor that sounds like she really knows what she is talking about, and what she didn't know she says she is going to find out...
To be in the hands of someone that makes you feel good and reassured it's such a comfort... So, for now I still have to take it easy and be careful not to overdo things, but I will be fine!
The baby is absolutely fine, we had scans and test and even though I didnt gain any weight through
this pregnancy, he is growing well...
We decided on his name few months ago... He is going to be called Adam Benjamin Stamp!

So this are baby Adam's first 8 months in a nutshell! He kicks a lot and is very regular with it... 8 in the morning, 9 in the evening and 4 in the morning! He has spectacular reactions to music, (I swear I felt him kicking rhythmically few times), and every time daddy puts his hand on my tummy he goes all shy and stops doing whatever he was doing! That's why when he is really punching me hard I call Andrew to put his hand on me, so that the baby quiets down! Let's just hope he has the same effect when he's born, that would be soooo handy! He already has everything he needs and could wish for waiting for him (including nappies and wipes!) and his mummy can't wait to have him out to start spoiling him!
Kim and Lilly are getting increasingly excited, talking about him all the time... and daddy!? Well... I think he finally got over the "pigtails and pink dresses" and he's ready, waiting with a Batman costume for his first son!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Thank you for writing out what has been going on. I have been seeing comments on Facebook and have meant to write to get the story. I am happy that the baby is doing so well and hope that you continue to feel better as well. I am so excited for you. We miss you!