Monday 17 August 2009

NEWS ABOUT BABIES, BIG AND SMALL!

Baby Adam is almost here!
These past few days I really felt my body starting to get ready for the "big day" and I'm getting very excited about it!
I went to the doctor today and she said that, unless I go in labor before then, she will start doing something called "membrane sweep" next Tuesday, and that hopefully should help things start moving along...
Apparently there could be problems because of the medication I had to take to help with the embolism.
I have to make sure I suspend taking it at least 24 hours before birth, but at the same time the doctors seem to think I can't stay without it for much longer than that, so they want to be extra sure I'm going to deliver quickly once I start labor...
Heck... the doctor prescribes a quick labor!?
Believe me I am all in favor of that!
But if you're thinking "wouldn't a c-section be the quickest and safest way to do it?"... well, apparently - always because of those medications - there are some problems with that too, and it will have to be our real last resort...
So... I am going to relax and pamper myself silly from now and then, and will let you know if there are any news!

Kim and Lilly with my sister's daughters... and the dogs!

In my last post I forgot to write that the girls were going to go in Italy for a couple of weeks!
They left last Saturday and flew all by themselves with Alitalia, one of the few airlines that still allows unaccompanied minors to jet through Europe... We left them in the hands of a very grumpy flight attendant (she was in such a foul mood that Andrew almost didn't let them go with her) but she quickly left them in the hands of a lovely collegue, and they had a fun and safe flight!
London-Milan it's only 1'45 min and with the help of their well stocked ipods I am sure it passed by quickly!
They are now at my mum's house enjoying the sun, the food, the "furries" (my mum has two adorable dogs!) going for long motorbike rides with my dad, and lounging lazily in the swimming pool... all this while being spoiled silly by my mum, dad and sister!
I think there are worse ways to spend one's summer!

On top of it today Kim has left my parent's house, and will spend few days at my auntie's mountain chalet. My auntie has two girls of Kim's age and they all get along famously!
Lilly didn't feel like going, and choose to stay with my mum and dad, so she can play "little princess" with them for a few extra days!
They are missing us and we are missing them, but they'll be back in a few days and I am sure they are having a far better time there, than they'd have here with a semi-mobile 9 months pregnant "achie-all-over-mum"!
So... those are the latest news... Andrew and I are spending our first few days really alone... and are having a nice relaxing time!
To be honest we both hope the baby holds on for a few more days, not only because we really want Kim and Lilly to be here for their brother's birth, but also so that we can have a nice last week end alone together...
Last week end was taken up by a ward activity and with Andrew being the only member of the bishopric around at this time, and me being in charge of food, we were extra busy organizing the summer ward party/quiz night!

We have been wanting to go to see the Henry the VIII Exhibition at the British Library, (we both are passionate about the Tudor Era and history in general!) and there also is a new Italian delicatessen that we absolutely have to try!
So...even though I'm excited about these past few days "aches and pains", I really really hope I will have some more time to spend with my beloved before "life as we know it" is changed forever, and the baby we have been dreaming all our lives makes an appearance!
But it's not in my hands... those things never
are... even though... if I could choose I will have him before the 22nd, so he'd be a Leo rather than a Virgo (Leo-Sagittarius-Aries would be such a glorious mix!)... but then... that's just me...

4 comments:

Debbie said...

The 21st is a great day for a birthday, if I do say so myself. Though that would ruin your weekend fun. I wish you the best with it all!!! Love ya and miss ya!!

Joyce said...

Wow I am so jealous that your big day is almost here. Mine is soooo far away it feels. I still have over a month to go. I tried to bribe my doctor to take her out at my last visit. He said he would accept bribes, so I ran home to tell Charles that he better be ready to pony up a significant sum of money. He said that he would NOT if he could just wait a month and have the insurance pay! MEN!! Would you like to donate to my Bribe-a-Doctor fund??? Good luck! I am so happy for you and hope the big day goes smoothly!

Joyce said...

I heard you had your baby! Where are the PICTURES??? People are waiting you know. If you are laid up, get Andrew or the girls to post some. This is unacceptable!

Halo BW said...

Nice post!

https://www.cekaja.com/pinjaman-online